Friday, April 1, 2011

Diary of a wimpy kid

I am responding to Diary of a wimpy kid by Jeff Kinney.

I read chapters one to three.Three text  is fiction. In my story the main characters are Rodrick, Mom, Dad, Garg, Mercy, Jeremy, Alex, Christoper, and Peter. The genre of this text is comedy because it has characteristics that make the reader laugh. The setting is school and the home. The conflict is that Gerd's dad joined Garg up for swimming lessons because Garg missed all of the meetings.  The protagonist is Garg and the antagonist is Rodricks.
Retell = The author got me interested when Garg didn't want to go to swimming lessons and his dad joined him in swimming his dad joined Garg in swimming lessons because Garg missed a lot of swimming meetings.
Relate = If I could be a character in the text I would be Grag because I would like to go to swimming lesson because i went to swimming when I was in grade three.
Reflect = This text helped me to learn more about Garg like how he don't like to go to swimming lessons and he want to be the smartest kid in his school too.


1 comment:

  1. What is the difference between a swimming meeting and a swimming lesson? This was confusing me in your response, because I'm not sure why the dad would sign Garg up for lessons when he missed meetings.

    I hope you like swimming lessons enough to learn the skill; it's essential for survival!

    ReplyDelete